2022 Community Justice Conference
Building safe, vibrant communities. Our biennial Community Justice Conference provides justice practitioners, community organizations, and local advocates with evidence-based and field-tested strategies to address their jurisdictions' unique concerns around crime and safety.
On November 3-4, 2022, the Center for Court Innovation's free online conference provided valuable information to long-time practitioners of community justice and those who were curious to learn more. Judges, prosecutors, defenders, social workers, treatment specialists, community members and others shared their perspectivse on collaborative strategies to address issues such as opioid abuse, inequities in justice system responses, and centering the voices of those with lived experience in the justice system.
Multidisciplinary teams and leaders of social change from around the world enjoyed the opportunity to share new ways to build stronger ties between their local justice systems and their communities.
The conference covered the following topics:
- reduce violence with community-based solutions;
- co-create solutions with justice practitioners and communities, making government more responsive to the needs of the people;
- re-build trust between communities and the justice system;
- use data to improve programming;
- incorporate people-centered and culturally responsive practices into your work;
- address substance use with today's best practices.
Download the full detailed agenda.
CLE/CEU credits were offered.
Have questions? Reach out to our conference planning team: email@example.com.
Past Community Justice Summits
Since 2010, the Center for Court Innovation and the Bureau of Justice Assistance has hosted biennial international conferences for community justice practitioners, in locations spanning across the country from San Francisco to Washington D.C. Find recaps, resources, and videos from previous Community Justice Summits.